The code 1-SINT/SLIDE1 describes the drilling slide of the MTS3000-Restan system that uses an air turbine high speed drilling: this technology allows to carry out the tests on metals.
Air turbine drilling technology works with an high speed rotational speed (>400’000 RPM at 4 bars) that allows to realize hole drilling tests in metallic materials without inducing any stress in the measurement process.
The air turbine is installed in a dedicated rotating housing placed in the lower part of the device. The rotating support is developed in order to move the drilling unit during the centering and the measurement of the diameter of the drilled hole, allowing a perfect field of view of the strain gage rosette using the dedicated microscope (not included in this kit). When introduced in the mechanical body of the MTS3000-Restan system, the dedicated linear rack and its precision dovetail guide allows a manual vertical movement of the drilling slide controlled by the operator for the preliminary positioning of the endmill in the area of the strain gage rosette.
Connection to the air compressed line can be easy done using a dedicated 6mm connector placed in the rear part of the rotating support of the drilling slide.
The main features of the drilling slide are:
- Anodized aluminium body of the slide with an universal connection between the drilling slide and the mechanical body of the MTS3000-Restan system
- Microscope and the drilling tool don’t need to be changed over during the test
- The high speed turbine makes it possible to minimize the influence of the drilling process
- Endmills and turbines can be replace easily by the operator
- The drilling slide allows the possibility to introduce both the optical (1-SINT/OPT) and digital (1-SINT/ETH) microscopes
|DRILLING SPEED:||400’000 RPM at 4 bars|
|TOTAL MANUAL STROKE OF THE SLIDE:||Approx. 90 mm|
|CONNECTION OF COMPRESSED AIR:||6 mm tube|
|ACOUSTIC EMISSION (at 1 meter):||76.0 dBa|
|MAX FILTRATION OF THE AIR GROUP:||0.1 μm|
|CHUCK DIAMETER:||1.6 mm|