The code 1-SINT/SLIDE5 identifies the drilling slide of the MTS3000-Restan system that uses a prolonged drilling slide with an high speed air turbine for internal pipes measurements.
Air turbine drilling technology works with an high speed rotational speed (>400’000 RPM at 4 bars) that allows to realize hole drilling tests in metallic materials without inducing any stress in the measurement process. The drilling slide allows to carried out hole drilling measurements inside pipe or in locations with limited access for the operator. The minimum diameter of the pipe is approximately 120mm and the maximum distance from the edge is approx. 300mm.
The air turbine is installed in a dedicated housing placed at the end of the slide. The drilling and the optical axes are not coincident but parallel, located at a certain distance between them: the 1-SINT/SLIDE5 includes a translation table that allows to swap the 2 axes between them. The drilling slide already includes a pre-installed digital microscope that allows to centre the strain gage rosette and measure the hole diameter and eccentricity. No other optical devices are required. The total stroke of the translation table is 50mm in the direction of the drilling slide and 12.5mm in the perpendicular direction.
When introduced in the mechanical body of the MTS3000-Restan system, the dedicated linear rack and its precision dovetail guide allows a manual vertical movement of the drilling slide controlled by the operator for the preliminary positioning of the endmill in the area of the strain gage rosette. The side supports for the magnetic feet can be easily connected with the translation table.
Connection to the air compressed line can be easy done using a dedicated 6mm connector placed in the rear part of the rotating support of the drilling slide. Digital camera is acquired and supplied by RJ45 cable using POE technology.
The main features of the drilling slide are:
- Anodized aluminium body of the slide with an universal connection between the drilling slide and the mechanical body of the MTS3000-Restan system,
- The high speed turbine makes it possible to minimize the influence of the drilling process,
- The drilling head allows the measure inside a pipe with a minimum diameter of 120mm,
- The special drilling head allows the housing of an Ethernet microscope (known distance from the drilling axis) to measure the diameter and the eccentricity of the drilled hole,
- An XY translation table allows to perform the travel between the axis (nominal 27.5 mm)
|DRILLING SPEED:||400’000 RPM at 4 bars|
|TOTAL MANUAL STROKE OF THE SLIDE:||Approx. 90mm|
|MINIMUM INTERNAL PIPE DIAMETER:||120 mm|
|MAXIMUM MEASUREMENT DISTANCE:||350 mm|
|TRAVEL OF THE X-Y TABLE:||50 mm – 12.5 mm|
|ACOUSTIC EMISSION (at 1 meter):||<76.0 dBA|
|CHUCK DIAMETER:||1.6 mm|
|ETHERNET CAMERA RESOLUTION:||1600 x 1200 pixel|
|CAMERA SUPPLY & CONNECTION:||RJ45 – Ethernet Port – POE|